|(Image courtesy of Project Fine Art/Helium Creative)|
● Helium Creative, a Fort Lauderdale-based design agency in the FAT Village arts district has launched The #heliumcreative365 challenge. As the agency approaches its 10th year, it's goal in this challenge is to inspire creativity in others through the offer of a simple helium balloon. "The goal is to utilize our helium balloon however you see fit -- blow it, tear it, burn it, paint it -- so long as you photograph it on Instagram and submit it to us at #heliumcreative365.
"When you stop by our studio to pick up the balloon, we will assign you a specific day to take your photo," they say. "Submit it to us and we'll print it out to display in our studio during the FAT Village Artwalk as well as including it in our #heliumcreative365 photo book that will come out next year once all 365 pictures have been taken!" Their advice: Be creative and have fun!
The first gallery show, which runs 7-11 p.m.March 30, will feature photos submitted from Feb. 25 through March 29 at Project Fine Art/Helium Creative, 500 N.W. First Ave., Fort Lauderdale.
|The Upstairs Underground is accepting exhibition proposals from artists who wish to rent the space for a three-week period. (Image provided by Upstairs Underground)|
Show jurors are Frank Balzano and Linda Weeks, and the top prize is a signed copy of "Frontier Literature" by Shefali Shah Choksi. Entry fees are $10 for one work, $20 for two or three and $30 for four. The gallery takes 50 percent commission on works sold. Deadline for entries is May 10 and the show will run May 25th through Sept. 22. For more info, see the Twisted Fairytales Facebook event page.
●Ink & Pistons Gallery in West Palm Beach is accepting submissions for its next show, The Tattooed Canvas which will feature "large photographs of a living canvases show alongside art works in all mediums done by tattoo artists." The show will open 7-1 p.m. April 6 and run through May 14. Info at Inkandpistonstattoo.com.
● The 2013 Friends of Jonathan Dickinson State Park Photo Contest is underway. Categories include Florida General (landscapes, scenes, people, man-made structures, etc.), Jonathan Dickinson State Park, Youth Florida Nature (ages 16 and under), and Creative Nature. This year's judge is Clyde Butcher. Deadline for entries is March 20. Entry fee is $15 for up to three photo entries, and $5 for each additional image. Cash and other prizes will be awarded in each category and the works of all finalists will be exhibited in the Kimbell Center. See rules and guidelines for detailed instructions. For contest details, and entry and release forms, contact Libby Reinert at the Kimbell Center, 561-745-5551 or Libby.firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Vargas Gallery in Pembroke Pines is accepting submissions of original art from South Florida artists and collectives for its 2013 Juried South Florida Artists Group Exhibition, which is open to amateurs and professionals working in all mediums including "painting, drawing, photography, ceramics, mixed media, digital art, film, installation art, fabric and printmaking
Applicants to the open-themed exhibition, meant to provide a look at work and trends in the South Florida art scene, will be judged on the professionalism of their technique and presentation and must pay to ship their works to and from the show. Deadline for entries is April 12. There is no fee for the first three entries, but each additional is $5. See the exhibition's Facebook event page for more details. The exhibition will open 6-10 p.m. June 7 and run through July 19.
|(Image via ActivistArtistA Gallery)|
● Ink & Pistons is also accepting submissions for The Sugar High Club, which organizers says will include "All things sweet, sugary and extra fluffy. ... Artists without a sweet toof need not apply." The show will run 7-11 p.m. May 18 and run through June 25. Info at Inkandpistonstattoo.com.
● Riverwalk Sunday Arts, held each 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. the fourth Sunday of the month will feature local artists, crafters and vendors demonstrating their respective arts and talents along the New River and at Esplanade Park. The next event is March 22. Interested vendors should call Rebecca Wilkner at 954-462-8190 or e-mail her at Information@artserve.org.
● Ink & Pistons will hold its One-Year Anniversary Art Show and Hot Rod Roundup, 7-11 p.m. June 29 through July 30. Submissions are being accepted online. Info at Inkandpistonstattoo.com.
● Ink & Pistons is a accepting submissions for Out to Sea, with themes of drifting, sinking, shipwrecks, messages in bottles and journeys out to sea. The show will open 7-11 p.m. Aug. 3 and run through Sept. 10. Info at Inkandpistonstattoo.com.
● David Castillo Gallery seeks new interns to handle various responsibilities based on their skills. To apply, please send a resume to Claudia@davidcastillogallery.com.
For info on more South Florida art news and events, visit Arterpillar.blogspot.com.