Friday, November 16, 2012
• Applications are now being accepted to participate in Fashion Artillery, a wearable art runway show to raise money for Armory Art Center's art programming.
Selected artists will transform their artwork into wearable art inspired by Nightscapes or Daydreams, preferably with "out of the box designs using traditional or non-traditional materials.
Iris Apfel will chair the event, which will be judged by fashion designer and NBC's Fashion Star contestant Nikki Poulos and White Space owner and contemporary collector Elayne Mordes.
Jewelers and accessory artists will also sell their work at the show which runs 6:30 to 10 p.m. Feb. 7. Tickets ($50, $250 for VIP) can be purchased by calling 561-832-1776, ext 33. Deadline for artists to apply is Nov. 16 and entry fee is $25. Visit Armoryart.slideroom.com/#/Login.
• The Dania Beach Arts and Seafood Celebration will be held April 6 and 7 in downtown Dania Beach. The festival is open to all artists who make their own original work. 100 artists and crafters will be accepted and notified as soon as possibe. 10' x 10' booth fee is $100 and tents/canopies will not be provided. There will be cash awards of $500 for best in show, $250 for first place and $100 for second and third. Exhibitors must be set up by 9 a.m. each day and break down at 7 p.m. For more details Find all the details at Daniabeachartsandseafoodcelebration.com/artists.
• To get on the roster for a Jan. 5 Live Art Showcase at Jerry's Artarama in West Palm Beach, e-mail Craig at the e-mail address shown on the flyer above.
• Basel Broward is the name of the next show at Rossetti Fine Art in Fort Lauderdale. Artists should pre-register by Nov. 29. Intake is Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, and the show opens Dec. 5 and runs through Jan. 4. Rossetti's advice: Think outside the box. The show's judge is South Florida painter Howard T. Katz. Entry fee is $20 for the first submission, and $10 for each additional entry. Details are at Tomrossetti.com/news.html.
• Vendors (arts and crafts) are sought for the Taste of Miami Lakes Fest that runs 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Feb. 23, 2012 in downtown Miami Lakes. Find more details at Tasteofmiamilakesfestival.com.
• Undergrounds Coffeehaus seeks artists for a themed show titled Muppets & Puppets.The Haus gets a 35 percent commission. Deadline is Dec. 1. Details are on the Facebook event page.
For info on more South Florida art news and events, visit Arterpillar.blogspot.com.