|Rosanna Pereyra's little blue monster is in Monster Mash which runs through Nov. 17 at Bear and Bird Gallery.|
* Metro Music Mayhem recently did a feature on artist Gina Bentivegna.
* And, in case you missed it, The Jam Garden did a Q&A with Kristin Frenzel in early September.
* Just prior to winning an honorable mention in the ArtBravo show at ArtServe, Fort Lauderdale artist Tatiana Castaneda wrote a post about the hard work, money and courage it takes to be an artist.
* Check out the recent mural by Diana Contreras and Cristina Isabel Rivera.
* Iron Forge Press posted pics of Omar Angulo's new "Maggots" T-shirt design.
|Artist Opportunity: Right there on Misael Soto's fridge.|
The fridge show can be seen by appointment through Nov. 3. The next show, by New York-based artist and writer Angelica Vergel, will debut on Oct. 18, with reception time and date to be announced. .
Soto is taking submissions for other exhibition opportunities at Sotomisael@gmail.com. Art works must be 3 X 5 inches. I know I have said it, or at the very least implied it before, but as an artist, Soto is refreshingly funny, in a way that's relevant and insightful. Go forth and submit works for his fridge exhibition. Do it now, before Art Basel arrives and fridge space is at a premium. Wonder how much one could get for a 3x5 inch Miami fridge space in December ... and how many 3x5 inch spaces there are on that fridge. For info, contact Misael at Sotomisael@gmail.com.
|Some pics from F.A.T. Village from the blog Amy Looks Closer.|
* On her blog, Feeling Inspired, Valentina Ramos offers a free coloring page.
* Erin O'Dea is the subject of a Q&A with The Jam Garden.
* In her post titled Serious Americans, Jami Nix Rahn takes readers on a tour of Politics Not as Usual: Quilts With Something to Say, which remains on exhibit through Jan. 13 at Boca Raton Museum of Art.
|You don't have a green thumb? Check out the crocheted cacti at Bear and Bird.|
* Jacques de Beaufort shares a new work titled "Circe."
* Who should receive $20,000 for their art project? You can held decide by voting for one of five South Florida art projects in the Knight Arts Challenge's People's Choice Awards. In the running are 6th Street Dance Studio, Arts Garage, FUNDarte, LAB Miami and Urgent Inc. Learn more about them at Knightarts.org/peopleschoice.
|The works of Jennifer Love Gironda|
* Kazilla posted a link to her recent in-depth chat with Jolt Radio.
* Knight Arts Blog also posted a piece writing by Andrea Clark Mason, an author who wrote a story about her writer-in-residence experience in the Everglades.
* Check out Coral Morphologic's latest post/pics: "Coral Morphologic confirms 4 Undescribed Species of Zoanthids from South Florida."
* Artist Nancy Martini tells us why we should brown-bag our lunches and head to the Artisan Lounge for lunch from noon to 1 p.m. Oct. 25.
* Here's one of the many works that artist Paul Caprio completed and shared on his blog recently.
* Tropicult has all the latest on 131 Projects and Clandestine Culture.
* The Rickie Report has posted a call to artists for The First Annual Lake Worth juried Arts and Crafts Show.
* What's Up Miami has posted about this weekend's Second Saturday Art Walk.
* This is a bit random, but here's former Miami artist Ross Ford's recipe for bacon peanut butter cups. The idea popped into his head and he just had to make it, and share the experience. If you do the same, let us know how that goes.
Betweeners is a regular feature that allows Arterpillar to justify her time spent reading other local art blogs and surfing for local art news ... and to talk about herself in third person in italics.
For info on more South Florida art news and events, visit Arterpillar.blogspot.com.