|Image courtesy of LULA|
* Rossetti Fine Art has issued a call to artists for it's Summer Heat III, an open-themed, open-media exhibition for two- and three-dimensional artworks. The show will run Aug. 1 through 31. Entrey fee is $20 for one entry and $10 for each additional. Awards range from $50 for judges recognition to $500 for best in show. Henning Haupt, an Assistant Professor at Florida Atlantic University School of Architecture, will judge the show. Pre-register by July 26. More info at Tomrossetti.com.
* Gallery Night on Main Street in Miami Lakes seeks artworks and live artists for its Summertime Gallery Event July 27 and 28.
* Brickell Art Walk seeks established artists to show in the Brickell area. Details and requirements can be found at Brickellartwalk.com. BAW charges a 30 percent commission on works sold.
|Image courtesy of Jerry's Artarama|
* Here's the lowdown on the 5th annual Trash-2-Art Competition, which runs Aug. 13 through Sept. 7 at ArtServe in Fort Lauderdale. Artist registration forms can be found at Trash2treasurefl.org. Entry fee is $50, $25 (or $25 and $15 for T2T members) with a $5 discount for registering by Aug. 4. Intake is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 11 at ArtServe.
* Legal Art Miami has an open call for local and visiting artist residencies.
* There's a call to artists for a Pretty in Pink '80s Art Show at Green Room in Fort Lauderdale. The show opens Aug. 3 and open to painters, photographers, sculptors, installation artists, illustrators.Live painters also needed. E-mail Gina at Electriccanvas@yahoo.com.
* Green Room in Fort Lauderdale has also issued a call to artists for Rocky Horror Picture Show. Show opens Aug. 17. Live painters needed too. E-mail Gina at Electriccanvas@yahoo.com
|Baby Kitty's first tea party (Image by Arterpillar)|
* Big Lego contest coming up at the Art and Culture Center of Hollywood. Built entries must be delivered to the art center between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Aug. 5 through 8, and the exhibition of work will remain on exhibit Aug. 11 through 19 in the gallery. An awards presentation will start at 2 p.m. Aug. 19. Details can be found at Artandculturecenter.org/brick-challenge-2.
* 1310 Gallery in Fort Lauderdale has issued a call to visual and performance artists for Appropriated Gender, a show that opens Sept. 15. The curator’s goal is "to examine how gender is portrayed visually and enlighten and challenge the audience, stimulating cultural discussion." While contemporary approaches are encouraged, the exhibition is open to all media. Art must have been created within the last 10 years. Proposals for performances and site-specific installations should be accompanies by an explanation and include examples of previous work. Judges will include arts writer Juliana Accioly, Girls Club Art Collection owner and founder Francie Bishop Good, Lotus House founder and director Constance Collins Margulies, Hardcore Art Contemporary Space director and executive director Adreina Fuentes and Rochi Llaneza, gallerist Carol Jazzar and others. Deadline for entries is Aug. 19 and there will be cash prizes and guest judges. The exhibition will run Sept. 15 through Oct. 12. For more information visit the Call For Entries on Facebook.
* Life Is Art has posted that Art and Business Council of Miami is seeking a programs and communications coordinator. Get the lowdown on job requirements and salary on Life Is Art's website.
For many more local artist opportunities, visit Arterpillar's Artist Opps page.
For info on more South Florida art news and events, visit Arterpillar.blogspot.com.